As you know there are a lot of medical websites. But not all of them are with reliable health information. Some of the medical news is current. Some of it is not. Which website to choose is one of the hardest parts of using the Internet.
How to find reliable information?
If you find health website sponsored by Federal Government agencies, then that’s a good source of information. Large professional organizations and well-known medical schools may also be good sources of health information.
Where to find reliable health information online?
- National Institute on Aging (nia.nih.gov) has a variety of resources about health and aging, including information about Alzheimer’s disease.
- gov (www.nihseniorhealth.gov) is a website with health and wellness information designed specifically for older people.
- MedlinePlus (medlineplus.gov), a website from the National Library of Medicine, has dependable information about more than 700 health-related topics.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (nhlbi.nih.gov) has information about managing heart disease and other topics.
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (nidcd.nih.gov) has information about hearing loss and deafness.
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (nidcr.nih.gov) offers, for example, tips on taking care of dentures.