Doesn’t it feel great to get something healthy and delicious in your body right after you wake up to set the tone for the rest of the day? Loaded with crunchy nuts and seeds and big coconut flakes, this granola will certainly get our day started on the right foot. Add a few spoonfuls to your yogurt, use it to top off your oatmeal, or just eat it plain.
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, and mix well so oat mixture is fully coated. Spread mixture in an even, single layer on prepared baking sheet. (Work in batches or on multiple sheets if necessary.) Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in coconut flakes. Store in an air-tight container.