- 8 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained
- small pack mint
, leaves picked and finely chopped
- mixed green leaves such as rocket and watercress, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the lamb chops with 1 tbsp oil, then rub all over with the lemon zest and some seasoning. Griddle for 3-4 mins each side for slightly pink meat, or a little longer for well done. You may need to do this in 2 batches. Remove from the pan, wrap in foil and leave to rest for 10 mins.
- Gently fry the remaining oil, the chillies and garlic in a saucepan for 2-3 mins. Add the kidney beans and gently crush them with a potato masher, then continue to cook for 3 mins until the beans are warm. Stir in the lemon juice, mint and seasoning, and serve with the chops and mixed leaves.